Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wimbledon wrap up, WTT news

It turns out Martina wrote one more column for the Guardian. Click here for more. Martina also took the time to clarify her future plans...or lack thereof:
For the record, I have no plans. I'm just going to keep playing until I don' t want to do it any more. I suffered a devastating loss in the mixed doubles on Saturday and the first couple of days after that happens to you is no time to start making big decisions. The result wasn't what I wanted but it was a great two hours on No1 Court. Right now I'm playing through the summer and I'm going to see where it takes me.
Martina does not get much of a post-Wimbledon break as she is back playing World TeamTennis this week for the Boston Lobsters. Her first match is today in Wilmington, Delaware against one of the WTT favorites, the Delaware Smash led by Wimbledon champion, Liezel Horn-Huber and coached by Mariaan de Swardt. Before her match tonight, Martina will be a guest speaker at the Women's Networking Night event along with Billie Jean King. For a few articles on the Lobsters from the local media, click on the following links: The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

once again, i thank you so much for the work you are doing! i now have an easy way to check up on martina.

you rock, bro!