Sunday, June 19, 2005

Wimbledon draw

Martina & Anna-Lena are the #8 seeds at Wimbledon. They have a tough opener against the Japanese qualifiers, Rika Fujiwara and Saori Obata. Let's hope Anna-Lena has fully recovered from her injury. For the complete draw, courtesy of the tournament website, click here. In a surprising twist, Leander has been given the green light by his doctor to play at Wimbledon. As of now, he is in the men's doubles draw but was unsure as to the mixed. The mixed draw will not be done for another few days anyway. Said Leander:
"I am taking a big risk, only because it’s Wimbledon and there’s a lot at stake... Such an injury normally takes two to three months to heal, but I’m lucky… But I have to be very, very careful. I can’t dive, I can’t stretch too much. As of now, I’m playing men’s doubles… will decide about the mixed after reaching there this weekend.”
Let's hope Leander recovers well enough to play the mixed doubles with Martina next week.

No comments: