Monday, January 10, 2005

First Round loss

Martina & Daniela crashed out of the Medibank International in Sydney earlier today, beaten by Liezel Huber & Lisa McShea 6-3 6-4. A most unfortunate loss, I'm not sure what went wrong out there. I knew it was a mistake to play this event instead of lower tier events taking place this week in Hobart & Canberra. But oh well, all that is now in the past. Hopefully they will have better luck at the Australian Open next week.

"Getty Images" has a few photos from today's match as well as from an earlier practice session. I think it's time Martina ditched the red shorts - they haven't brought her any luck so far this year ;-)

More photos: Photo One, Photo Two, Photo Three, Photo Four. I must confess that last photo just breaks my heart...

No comments: