Sunday, January 02, 2005

Gold Coast draw

The Gold Coast draw was announced yesterday. Martina & Nathalie are unseeded and will take on the Australian team of Casey Dellacqua and Nicole Sewell in their opening match. For the complete draw, courtesy of the 'Tennis Australia' website, click here. They are not scheduled to play Monday so my best guess is they get to play that first match Tuesday.

Nathalie lost her opening singles match today to Flavia Pennetta of Italy. This is what she had to say after the loss: "I would have for sure loved playing more matches here on the Gold Coast, but I still have doubles here, so I’ll try to play more matches in that one and try to get into rhythm." We're with you there, Nat! We want more matches too...

Meanwhile in Chennai, India, Leander who is there for the Chennai Open Tennis Championships confirmed what we already knew. He's playing mixed with Martina this year. Said he: "Of course, I will continue my partnership with Martina for mixed doubles. It is awesome to play with her." He's also donating all his prize money this week to victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami victims. You can read the complete article here.

No comments: